NASHVILLE, Tenn. (January 19, 2018) – UMG Nashville releases the highly anticipated 19 song soundtrack to the feature film Forever My Girl today. Assembled by executive music producer Brett Boyett, the star-studded soundtrack includes brand new original songs along with classics from some of the most respected names in country music. Artists include reigning CMA Vocal Group of the Year Little Big Town performing their harmony-soaked “Can’t Go Back,” premier American acoustic vocalist Dan Tyminski with his new track “Can’t Tame A Fire,” and critical darling Lauren Alaina and her original song “Wings Of An Angel.” Alaina also performs a duet with Little Big Town’s Phillip Sweet titled “Enough.” Additionally, Josh Turner, Travis Tritt, Canaan Smith, Mickey Guyton, Alex Roe, Destin Bennett, Brett Boyett, and Abby Ryder Fortson have all recorded original songs for the soundtrack. [UMG Nashville Press Release]
Forever My Girl released in theaters on January 19, 2018. The film tells the story of a country star who returns to his hometown to find the girl he loved in years before. To read our review of the film head on over to the movie section of our website.
Along with the film the soundtrack for Forever My Girl was released on January 19, 2018, and features a number of well-known country artists. With artist such as Little Big Town, Josh Turner, Miranda Lambert, Lauren Aliana, and more this album is every country fan’s dream.
Country music typically isn’t my first genre of choice. I would have to say that this album holds true in my typical music choices. As I listened to the whole album I realized that it wasn’t an album that would be among my favorites list. However, the album is produced well and has music from some really great artists. The album may not be among my favorites but that has less to do with the album itself and more with my own personal music tastes.
I am confident this album would be highly enjoyed by country music lovers all around. The nineteen-track album provides ample listening time making it a great album to listen to on a road trip or as you clean house.
The tracklist of Forever My Girl Soundtrack is:
1. Little White Church – Little Big Town
2. Don’t Water Down My Whiskey – Alex Roe – Original Song
3. Enough – Alex Roe – Original Song
4. Can’t Tame A Fire – Dan Tyminski – Original Song
5. Can’t Go Back – Little Big Town
6. Back From Gone – Josh Turner – Original Song
7. Who Needs Mexico – Canaan Smith – Original Song
8. Silver and Gold – Little Big Town
9. Wings Of An Angel – Lauren Alaina – Original Song
10. Live Forever – Little Big Town
11. Little Red Wagon – Miranda Lambert
12.Caught Up In Your Storm – Mickey Guyton – Original Song
13. Slowing Down – Travis Tritt – Original Song
14. Wild And Free – Destin Bennett – Original Song
15. Solid Ground – Brett Boyett – Original Song
16. Smokin’ and Cryin’ – Alex Roe – Original Song
17. Finally Home – Alex Roe and Abby Ryder Fortson – Original Song
18. Always and Forever – Canaan Smith – Original Song
19. Enough (reprise) – Lauren Alaina and Phillip Sweet – Original Song
This album is a great mix of slow and upbeat. As we listened my son danced along to many of the songs. And while my little one preferred the upbeat songs, I found myself enjoying some of the slower tracks like Josh Turner’s, Back From Gone.
Country music fan or not I would give this album a listen and see what you think. And be sure to head to the theaters as well to catch Forever My Girl before it is gone. Read our movie review here.